[Market-farming] Ginger - anyone else get shorted on their order?

David Paysnick davepays at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 13:50:45 EST 2013

If you buy ORGANIC Hawaiian ginger right now, it should be quite eager to
sprout.  I haven't even made an attempt to pre-sprout the ginger that I
purchased locally at our food co-op and after sitting in it's box for about
10-14 days it's beginning to sprout quite consistently.  I have grown from
organic hawaiian ginger in the past with decent success.  If you have a
store or distributor willing to sell you a case, a 30lb. case of organic
ginger should run about $125-175 right now.  Just make sure you get
Hawaiian and not Peruvian.
Good luck!
David

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Richard Stewart <rstewart at zoomtown.com>wrote:

> We are getting less than 25% of entire ginger order this year.
>
> Anyone else get shorted?
>
> Puna Organics/East Branch Ginger
>
> Going to try some germination tests with the store bought stuff and see
> what happens.
>
> Richard Stewart
> Carriage House Farm
> North Bend, Ohio