[Market-farming] Advice on selling more eggs, when only one doz displayed

Richard Moyer ramoyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 00:33:18 EDT 2013

Our market is now enforcing the regs that eggs be kept in a cooler, only
one doz allowed for display.  Since we've begun that, our egg sales are
MUCH slower.  Our primary egg vendor is sitting on 100 doz and counting,
and is now trying to sell his hens.

Want to help him out, and our other egg vendors.

How to let customers know we still have local, free range eggs?

Apparently, they're quite reluctant to buy what appears to be that last
dozen on the table, not knowing cooler(s) full of eggs are waiting to be
sold!!  Didn't know eggs were an impulse buy.

Any and all advice appreciated, as I'm on the committee that let the
vendors know of these changes!

Richard Moyer
SW VA
Where gentle rains and mild temps are so welcome after 2012 record heat and
drought.