[Market-farming] germination testing carrot and onion seed

Brian Luton bcluton at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 09:31:50 EST 2013

Andy,

I typically will use germination trays.(the ones with 20 some rows) and will start the seeds by group in potting soil on a heat mat. If the mat is to hot I invert another germination tray and set the one with seeds on top of that. Maintain temp and moisture and I think it's a good system.  In my experience raw carrot seed lasts well for a few years if stored alright.  I've never found an allium worth planting after year one.  It's the weird biology of seeds I guess.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone