[Market-farming] Hops

Etienne Goyer etienne at lejardinduvillage.ca
Wed Jan 30 08:29:11 EST 2013

On 13-01-30 07:31 AM, Brian Luton wrote:
> - be prepared with a trellis/growth structure.  A BIG one. Most of the new growers around here are using a telephone pole style system with heavy gauge top wire. They'll then drop lines down off that vertically to each hill.

I was in Bavaria (southern Germany) two winters ago.  It's the world
largest hop growing region.  The trellis structure are indeed very
impressive, and they do use telephone poles, a lot of them.

Sadly, it was in February, so there was no hop growing on the structure.
 But still, it's quite the sight.

--
Etienne Goyer  -  Le Jardin du Village
http://lejardinduvillage.wordpress.com