[Market-farming] Hops

Dave or Kathy Campbell dkcampbell at southslope.net
Tue Jan 29 22:33:57 EST 2013

I always grow some on my windmill each year--~a dozen vines that climb twine
up to the first scaffold, maybe 12 ft.  Pick them in the fall when they turn
brown and have lots of nice sticky orange resin in the cones.  I sell the
cones to beer brewers at my local farmers market, $5/oz.  Know what variety
of rhizomes you have, because that translates to "alpha" and "beta" values
that the brewers will want to know.

Rebecca Kneen has written a nice manual on small scale-hops growing that you
can download for free at http://www.crannogales.com/HopsManual.pdf.

==Dave Campbell / Tiffin IA / Zone 5b