[Market-farming] Onion planting question

Wyatt Jones wyatt_jones at netzero.com
Sat Jan 12 13:12:52 EST 2013

At latitude 42 I'd think you would be better off sticking to long day onions, maybe some intermediates.  The short day ones aren't going to get enough growth time before they start bulbing and are most probably going to be rather small, they would be rather early though.  At Lat 42 I would think you could plant almost any long day onion without any problems.  With really long day onions you might want to try to plant as early as possible though.  My problem is I'm kind of at the north end of intermediate and the south end of long day and there is some overlapping with the different varieties.

Anyway, several people have told me that I should be ok if I plant early enough so I guess I'll just have to experiment a little.

Wyatt
Woman is 57 But Looks 27
57-Year-Old Mom has a simple facelift trick that angered doctors...
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/50f1a7b27a09227ad1880st04vuc