[Market-farming] Starting Onions in Ground

Todd Lister toddlister1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 13:25:31 EST 2013

I had my best onion cure yet this past season. I took two 5'x16' cattle
panels and skinned them with chicken wire, then hung them end to end, flat
in the barn with form wire, suspending this rack  4' in the air over
stacked lumber.. I used 3 rows of wire connections, each edge and the
middle with no sag.
I tossed 3500 nice sized onions up on there and sold off it through
September.  What really made me happy was the number of onions that went
bad. Months of market sales and I bet there weren't a dozen.
Todd