[Market-farming] Starting onions in ground

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Thu Jan 3 08:33:19 EST 2013

This year I am going to try to increase our radish production to a much larger scale and be a supplier for a couple small distributors and maybe even WFM.  I am going to try and use our grain drill to plan them.  Its 15' across with 7.5" spacing.  We will be plugging up several hole for foot paths and actually been thinking about place partitions in so we could plant three types of similar sized seed but of different cultivars of radish.Anyone else try to do this?

I am more curious about settings than anything else.  I know in the abstract it will work but I am worried about planting depth and population.  I was hoping to plant tillage radish early this past fall but we had some issues that prevented us from doing.  I was hoping to cut my teeth on that but obviously that did not happen.  :)

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855