[Market-farming] losing insurance coverage????

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Tue Feb 19 20:57:29 EST 2013

My suggestion is that if you intend to continue doing your business is to attempt to separate things in a very clear fashion.  I've been attending a fair amount of GAP courses and Federal Food Safety groups and its going to get ugly.  You need to make sure your home is your home and your farm is the business.  It needs to be separate both in physical terms as well as economical terms.

These next four to five years are going to be REALLY tough on all of us.  Insurance is simply one of several issues we are all going to have to deal with or be regulated to sell on the farm at a stand.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855