[Market-farming] losing insurance coverage????

Kakerby kakerby at aol.com
Tue Feb 19 19:46:56 EST 2013

We have the house right on the main farm property, where some of our production occurs and all our animals live in winter.  During the summer, we rotate animals onto a leased pasture, and we lease a hayfield next to that pasture.  So while some production occurs away from the home, enough occurs immediately adjacent to the home that our original State Farm policy, which covered just the home, dropped us in 2010 because the home was integrally involved with the farm.  As for business setup, it's an LLC.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA