[Market-farming] Alan Chadwick book from Logosophia: Performance In the Garden

Allan Balliett allan.balliett at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 20:10:07 EST 2013

Richard,

I'm not at all certain that you understand how established Biodynamic
Agriculture is,

Along with "Just Do It," which means try it before you condemn it, goes
"The Proof is in the Pudding,"  which is what brought me into biodynamics.

Here's a wikipedia article on the quality of biodynamic wine, as
demonstrated in professional wine tastings:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodynamic_wine

Biodynamics may be 'fringe' in the USofA but it is well established around
the world. It has it's own certifying agency, in fact, if I recall
correctly, it is the oldest organic food certifying agency in the world.
It's called DEMETER. US Demeter has been going great guns for the last 10
years, after a very long period of "subtle management."

The US Biodynamic Association (BDA) (the one that can answer "How many
biodynamic farmers does it take to screw in a light bulb") is at
www.biodynamics.com. Biodynamics pre-dates Rodale organics. 75 years for
the BDA!

ON top of all this, I've never been to the farm of a worthwhile organic
grower, a grower of note, one who I sought out to learn something from, who
didn't, it would turne out, use the biodynamics Stella Natura planting
calendar. No scientific proof there. Ask your extension agent "Should I
plant by the moon?" But then ask any experienced farmer or gardener "Does
the moon affect the growth of plants" and you're bound to get substantially
different answers. Sciene says "The Moon doesn't affect plant growth" just
as Science used to say "Humans dream in black and white but THINK they
dream in color."

Enough

-Allan in WV