[Market-farming] Calcium Nitrate question

Shoemaker, William H wshoemak at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 13 10:22:40 EST 2013

Probably not, but you'll want to be careful with it. It'll cause any iron/steel based components it touches to begin rusting rapidly. It probably pulled moisture out of the humid air in the basement. Storing such salt fertilizers can be tricky because of their affinity for water.

Bill
William H. Shoemaker,
Northern Illinois Viticulturist - IGGVA
Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Association
wshoemak at illinois.edu