[Market-farming] Basil Downy Mildew

Shoemaker, William H wshoemak at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 12 09:58:42 EST 2013

That's too bad. I thought it might be borderline for OMRI. The organism that causes Downy Mildew is tough to deal with, and phosphorus acid is avery good tool for addressing it. I doubt it has much environmental risk because it is a simple compound that is essentially plant food. I suspect this problem in basil may take a while to address, until some form of resistance is discovered.

Bill

William H. Shoemaker,

Northern Illinois Viticulturist - IGGVA

Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Association

wshoemak at illinois.edu<mailto:wshoemak at illinois.edu>