[Market-farming] Basil Downy Mildew

Shoemaker, William H wshoemak at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 11 20:40:32 EST 2013

I'm curious about this, only because I don't know much about this disease in Basil specifically. I run into downy mildew in other crops and one interesting treatment that can be very effective is phosphorus acid. It isn't a high-powered chemistry. Its a pretty simple product that serves as a fertilizer as well as an effective eradicant of downy mildew in grapes. Does anyone know if it can be used on downy mildew of basil? Does it comply with OMRI? It can be a very effective tool for addressing downy mildew in grapes.

Bill

William H. Shoemaker,

Northern Illinois Viticulturist - IGGVA

Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Association

wshoemak at illinois.edu<mailto:wshoemak at illinois.edu>