[Market-farming] Please sign petition to save bees

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Thu Feb 7 07:24:57 EST 2013

As a beekeeper with nearly 100 hives I won't because I, in part, fear farmers returning to the old chemical applications that fell out of use because of the safer applications.  THere is zero peer reviewed science yet that reproduce field conditions that prove these pesticides are the cause for CCD.  Do they kill bees, you betcha, especially when used improperly, or in the case of the big German die off, improperly mixed with the seed coating and then air seeded in larger quantities.

I think this article takes a more even handed look at the issue.

http://boingboing.net/2012/05/07/the-honeybees-are-still-dying.html

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio