[Market-farming] Digging Dogs and Feral Hogs, Anyone?

Barking Cat Farm barkingcatfarm at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 1 19:22:46 EST 2013

On Feb 1, 2013, at 11:48 AMFeb/1/13, Kakerby wrote:

> We currently use the same 4' woven field fence that Laurie mentioned to keep our piglets and their 800lb+ moms inside their yards.  But we've hotwired the bottom.

Hey again Kathryn,

At what height(s) do you put your hot-wire on the bottom of your fence?  It's been suggested to me that 6-7" off the ground is a good height for both hog and dog noses (and possibly additional strands at other heights for added protection), but would like confirmation from somebody (you) that is having success with their design.

Thanks again,
Laurie