[Market-farming] How many CSA shares per acre?

Mark Weinheimer mrw601 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 22:59:17 EDT 2013

We are at about 33 shares/A.  We don't grow corn or pumpkins. We buy corn
from a conventional grower who has lots of class I ground.  We farm mostly
class III ground, with a bit of class II soil.  We do some double cropping,
and in a tough year like this year, we source some product from other
growers.  From the same acreage, we attempt to provide about 100,000 pounds
of produce for the Food Bank in addition to the CSA's requirements.  We
aren't able to rest any significant acreage with these parameters.  We
could use more ground.
-Mark
--
Mark Weinheimer