[Market-farming] How many CSA shares per acre?

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Mon Aug 26 21:36:43 EDT 2013

Depends on what your shares are.  I have two sizes, 5 and 10 items, an item
being a bunch of carrots, bag of salad mix, one large or two medium heads of
lettuce, etc.  Over half are the small shares.  I can do probably 100 on one
acre.  I have 2 ½ acres in production, and was going to farmers market but
just built farmstand.  I have never sold even half of what I grow.  We also
do a winter farmers market off that 2 ½ acres. Small mind you.  Gross sales
have been in the $75,000 for veggies and flowers.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

Wendell Berry

Moore Lappe