[Market-farming] How many CSA shares per acre?

stonecirclefarm tds.net stonecirclefarm at tds.net
Mon Aug 26 16:11:12 EDT 2013

20 to 40 is a realistic range with 30 being a reasonable nationwide
average.  However, nailing down a figure for CSA members per acre is
complicated by the fact that so many farms that do CSA also do some
farmers' markets and sales to stores and restaurants.  Another factor to
consider is whether you are going to be including space-hogging crops sweet
corn and pumpkins in your CSA shares.  -John