[Market-farming] How many CSA shares per acre?

quarter acre farm quarteracre.sonoma at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 15:39:29 EDT 2013

How many CSA shares can 1 acre provide?
I'm trying to figure out for future expansion plans.

Right now I'm growing on 1/2 acre and I have a 10 member 25 week CSA with 2
sizes of shares a $20 Couple Share and $26 Family Share.
I also sell at 1 farmers market and to 2 restaurants.

I'm looking to increase to 1 acre and drop the farmers market, so I'm
trying to figure out how many shares I could do then.

My original assumption was 20 members to an acre but I have been hearing
from other farmers that its more???

Thanks in advance for all your words of wisdom,
Andrea

Quarter Acre Farm <https://www.facebook.com/quarteracrefarm>
Sonoma, CA
quarteracrefarmsonoma.com