[Market-farming] barrel washer

Jay Sleichter jaysleichter at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 14:54:58 EDT 2013

I built my own barrel washer and I put a variable speed treadmill motor on it.  While it is not perfect, the variable speed is very nice.  If you are washing really dirty carrots, then you can turn it down really slow and wash them.  you can also be more gentle on produce that needs it.  I spent way less than $400 for my whole washer, maybe you can build your own too.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com