[Market-farming] farmstand shelf advice

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Mon Aug 5 19:01:50 EDT 2013

We just built a farmstand - 12 x 16 with a 9 foot garage door on the16 foot
side.  Now to put in tables/shelving.  Any advice on angle of slope?
Distance between vertical shelves?  Height of first table/shelf? If wood,
the finish. Color (I am assuming white or cream).

I am thinking wood for the table/bottom shelf, and wire shelving for the
upper shelfs.

Do I need FDA approved paint for the inside?

We do need an awning outside (and shelves on the outside wall). We were told
local RV place would have used cheap, but their stock was very low and
without hardware.  DH would like a retractable awning.  I'd just as soon
build a frame and put metal roofing on it.

Suggestions of entry steps or ramp?

Thank you.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY