[Market-farming] selling cut sunflowers

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Sat Sep 8 13:05:52 EDT 2012

SO, along the same lines but on the planting end we are looking at a test project for next year and was curious if anyone here is using a large planter to do their sunflowers.  We want to use our 6 row JD 7100 No till planter to put down a couple passes of sunflowers.  Anyone have info/experience on seeding rates and plates?

If you have info on harvest in terms of running them through a combine I'd also like to hear, especially in cylinder spacing and screens.

Thanks!

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio