[Market-farming] overwintering rosemary

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Mon Nov 12 09:26:28 EST 2012

Ii have kept rosemary (plain, Johnny's seed) in our hoophouse several years,
and it is getting really nicely tall.  I have my very best ever outside crop
of rosemary too, and I'd love for it to live overwinter and get tall next
year.  I have access to loose hay (cleaning a neighbor's barn from the 1970s
so most weed seed should be dead).  Anyone know if that will just make for
fungal disease or smother it?  I can put a wire frame over the bed and put
plastic over eventually to keep snow from matting it down.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

Wendell Berry

Moore Lappe