[Market-farming] fall peas

Carla Maness manessfarm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 21:57:30 EDT 2012

We've had mixed results with fall peas. Some years they do great, and other
years, no. We didn't even try to plant them this year. We were still too
hot and dry when it was time to plant, and as it has turned out it was a
wise decision this year. We are still in an extreme drought. I do know we
tend to seed them more heavily than we do for a spring planting. They are
always in demand so if we get a crop it's great, but I think we make more
money off of fall green beans, and they are not as finicky to grow.

Carla
Perkins, OK