[Market-farming] wasps

KAKerby at aol.com KAKerby at aol.com
Wed May 30 14:35:19 EDT 2012

Now that's a neat trick.  Thanks for sharing.  Might not help  with our
truck issue this year, but we also have lots of wasp nests under our  eaves.
That would solve that particular problem very nicely.

I did run into an interesting folk legend regarding wasps a few years  ago.
 Apparently in some parts of the world, it's considered good luck to  have
wasps build a nest over a doorway, like the house door or barn door.
Something about wasps know to build their nests in peaceful places, where there
are only good intentions coming and going below them, and they'd keep harm
from  coming inside.  Somehow that stuck with me.  Just wish I could figure
out a way to sweet-talk the hornets out of the truck.  I need a  "hornet
whisperer".
Kathryn Kerby, who talks to bees but not hornets
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA
Ruminations - essays on the farming life at  frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html

In a message dated 5/30/2012 11:17:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,