[Market-farming] wasps

Carol Moss mossgathers at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:17:42 EDT 2012

We decided to try painting a carport ceiling a t'aint blue which can
be anywhere in the light blue/ light aqua color range. Wasps and dirt
dobbers will not build nests there because it fools them into seeing
sky or water. We have also noticed a lot less spider webs. This could
be done on eaves, porch ceilings and anywhere you have a flat wood
surface and anywhere you have a paintable surface where wasps like to
build. We were afraid of the color scheme but it looks great and adds
a caribbean feel although you can't see it from the street.
Carol Moss
Moss Gathers
Celina, TX 75009