[Market-farming] Insect Pressure

Barking Cat Farm barkingcatfarm at mindspring.com
Tue May 29 18:01:27 EDT 2012

Yes, here in NE TX we are seeing heavy insect pressure, so far mostly caterpillars and aphids. We didn't have much of a winter, Spring was warm and brought lots of rain, and apparently summer is here as of last week (neato!). Already seeing spotted cucumber beetles, leaf hoppers, and the start of the grasshoppers. This is all field crops, our first HT is in the works. Can hardly wait to see what new insect challenges that brings.

Laurie