[Market-farming] applying Surround

Brian bcluton at aol.com
Sun May 27 20:26:03 EDT 2012

My solo diaphragm has a round saucer sized rubber diaphragm on the bottom.  I've heard the same thing regarding wettable powders and bought the diaphragm a few years ago for applying copper and sulphur.  Surround doesn't seem nearly as abrasive.

Anyhow we've since used both interchangeably - often concurrently - and i'd lean towards the piston anyday of the week. It's gone strong for seven years.(knock on wood) the rubber diaphragm has cracked and been replaced three times and it gets a bit less use.  Beyond that the diaphragm is a lower pressure and lower volume sprayer. I like the higher pressure and volume of the piston and you can empty a pack about 50% faster which is a big savings on labor and/or time. With the longevity and efficiency I've seen in the piston if I had to choose one I'd go with it.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone