[Market-farming] spacing tunnels

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Sun May 20 17:55:37 EDT 2012

We have lot line issues where I want to put a tunnel to serve as a wash
station/packing shed, maybe spring greenhouse.  We are looking at gothic
tunnels with 5 or 6 foot high walls (yes, need to find total height out for
this question).  It will be due south of our current hoophouse (45 latitude,
think Burlington VT but a little north).  Anyone know guidelines for how
much space I need to leave in between so the current tunnel doesn't get
winter shade?  That distance will determine the width of the new tunnel.
Thank you.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

Wendell Berry