[Market-farming] Shade Cloth for summer lettuce

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Sun May 20 11:19:07 EDT 2012

This is undoubtedly true, but shade cloth over hoops is great for
keeping the deer off.

As they could remove the stuff if they tried, this must be working by
keeping them from seeing the lettuce: they don't pull the shade cloth
off because they don't realize there's anything under it that they
want. Shade cloth up posts over the crop with the sides open wouldn't
have the deer repellent effect.