[Market-farming] Shade Cloth for summer lettuce

MAsteveINE MAsteveINE at 207me.com
Sun May 20 07:41:32 EDT 2012

I am thinking that shade on hoops is going to be a heat collector as well is blocking

the wind/breeze that is vital to wiping away moisture causing mold.

Ideally shade would be several feet above the crop and wide enough to allow for

 the path of sun thru several hours of the day. In florest crops horizontal wires are on

are on posts and the cloth laid over the wires and attached  at the perimiter. As with

hoop house poly it is better allow cloth to pull free rather than have it wrech itself and/or the

frame.

Probably a 50% light color of knitted cloth would be best investment.

MAsteveINE