[Market-farming] Tomato transplant disaster!

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Sun May 20 10:02:38 EDT 2012

As near as I can tell this is not permitted for organic use.

The company is claiming it as a reduced risk fungicide, but they're
not claiming it to be permitted for organic use. It's not on the OMRI
materials list, and the OMRI generic list says that the synthetic
phosphoric acid is permitted only for stabilizing liquid fish
products; there may also be "inerts" in the formulation that aren't
acceptable for organic use, I don't know.

Of course, anyone who's not certified gets to make up their own mind
whether to use the material or not, as long as they're not claiming
the resultant crop is organic. Anyone who is certified needs to check
any material with their certifier before use -- if anyone on this list
has had this material approved by an organic certifier, let me know; I
did all of five minutes' research on it and they might well know more
about it than I do.

On May 20, 2012, at 9:31 AM, <sunnfarm at netscape.com> <sunnfarm at netscape.com