[Market-farming] sorta OT - update on our organic certificationprocess (long)

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Sun May 13 13:12:07 EDT 2012

It depends on each farm, the agency, and the inspector, but I felt the
physical farm inspections were a breeze.  My problem is they want everything
documented - when, what, how much, including yields, and I just couldn't do
that.  I am starting to use a smartphone this year, making notes as I go,
and think it might be doable again, and am aiming to recertifiy next year.
I haven't done anything differently production-wise.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

Wendell Berry

Moore Lappe