[Market-farming] sorta OT - update on our organic certification process (long)

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Sun May 13 10:57:34 EDT 2012

I used to be terrified of inspections. They were never anywhere near
as bad as I expected.

It sounds like you've found an inspection agency and inspector who are
working well with you. Remember that their interest is in getting you
to the point at which you can pass inspection, not in trying to flunk
you even though you're trying to meet the standards. Yes, you do have
to do basically what your plan says you're going to; and yes, there's
undoubtedly work that needs to be done; but, given that you're taking
it seriously, it'll happen.

Fresh-market organic produce, small scale (certified since 1988)