[Market-farming] Flower Bouquets

Todd Lister toddlister1 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 21:16:47 EDT 2012

Mike,
I'm really quite an amateur. Johnnies seeds, Plant a ton and reap the best.
In the 36" bed I'm 5 rows 8" oc and it makes a dense hedge. I had a number
of fallen and crooked necked plants.  The hoop environment really pushes
these things vertically. I will  be using the horizontal grid from now on.
this has done wonders for our zinnias. 6x6 squares,  plastic net on rows of
tee posts makes a great grid for flowers to grow up through and then be
restrained from falling. Consistantly our zinnias go 7-8 feet by August.
Wind and blowing rain be damned..Succession planting gives us a million
long stems all season. plus, if you pull the mesh snug it holds w/o fasters
and can be moved a bit to the right elevation early on.
Todd