[Market-farming] Flower Bouquets

Todd Lister toddlister1 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 20:57:59 EDT 2012

Carla,
This year for the first time I attempted to have flowers for the start of
our market season, which this year was April 7th. We made it with a great
variety of flowers. Our booth has been loaded with flowers each week from
the start. A first. I spent about $160 on propane during this very mild
Feb-March. Depending on type, I like to start flowers in trays in early
Feb. I start my first tomatoes the first week of January. This year I
started the flowers with the toms. Usually it ends up being late May before
we have strong flowers. This year the house had lots of blooms starting in
late march
Outside we now have Zinnias, Globe Amaranth, snaps, Opopeo Amaranth, Bach
Buttons, purple and yellow coneflower, Foxglove, Larkspur and tons of basil
in flower.
This mild winter has had good and bad impact.

Can't imagine this whole thing w/o the houses.
Todd