[Market-farming] fennel and other flats

Etienne Goyer etienne at lejardinduvillage.ca
Tue May 8 12:23:59 EDT 2012

I do cabbage and broccoli in 72.  It worked very well for me last year,
I transplanted around 5 weeks.  Larger cell = less stress with watering
and more soil/compost (so more nutrient).  It does take at least 4 weeks
to get a nice root ball though, so if you wish to transplant faster, you
should use smaller cell size I guess.

This year, I am going to try kohlrabi in 144, transplanted at three
weeks.  We'll see how that works.

On 12-05-08 12:17 PM, clearviewfarm at bluefrog.com wrote:
> What size flats (cells per flat) do you folks like to use to start fennel, cabbage, broccoli and kohlrabi in?
>
> Kurt Forman
> Clearview Farm
> Palmyra, NY 14522
> Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Etienne Goyer  -  Le Jardin du Village
http://lejardinduvillage.wordpress.com