[Market-farming] Holding Down Row Cover

Lucy Owsley boulderbelt at embarqmail.com
Sat May 5 06:27:53 EDT 2012

I use rocks and bricks that are in the 4 to 7 pound range. This has worked
for me the 17 or so years I have used row cover. The key is to weigh down
the ends with the heaviest bricks/rocks and to put rocks by the hoops as
well as getting the covers as tight as possible. I have tried things like
rebar (rips holes in covers, rolls off the edges), sand bags (good but the
cloth/plastic will break down in sunlight leaving unsecured covers and a
mess), Staples (hated them, hard to get out of the ground, will rip covers
in high winds, quite expensive)

--
Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm