[Market-farming] other food marketing methods

Deb Taft deb at mobiusfields.com
Fri May 4 21:10:00 EDT 2012

At my market we very informally compare prices with each other but almost
always acknowledge out loud each time we do that true "price fixing" is a
big no-no.
>From Wikipedia:  In the United States, price fixing can be prosecuted as a
criminal federal offense <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_offense> under
section 1 of the Sherman Antitrust
Act<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman_Antitrust_Act>
.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_fixing

I'd take it out.  It probably wouldn't get anyone prosecuted by the Feds
but I don't think it's something anyone wants spelled out!

Best,
Deb