[Market-farming] changes due to new USDA zoning map

KAKerby at aol.com KAKerby at aol.com
Tue Jan 31 20:43:43 EST 2012

I saw the below exclamation and sorta felt the same way.  I'm sure a  lot
of folks have gotten the new USDA maps and thought huh???  I was just
wondering if anyone will be using the new maps to make plans, decisions, choose
options, etc.  Or if it's really just a lot of noise that won't really
directly affect folks.  After all, we all pretty much know what our local
conditions are, even if those conditions have changed in the last 10  years.  So
would a new map really make a huge difference in day to day  lives?  Or is
there some magic new thing the maps can do for us which I'm  missing?  Just
wondering if it's already old news.......
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA, where it's DANG warm out there (51F) for the last day  of
January
Ruminations - essays on the farming life at  frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html

In a message dated 1/31/2012 5:09:24 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,