[Market-farming] Jang fertilizer hopper

Etienne Goyer etienne at lejardinduvillage.ca
Fri Jan 27 11:32:53 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

A question for those with a Jang seeder.  I am looking at the fertilizer
hopper, and wondering how well it works with organic fertilizer
(pelleted chicken manure, blood meal, etc).  Anybody who has one willing
to share his experience?

I have a fairly fertile soil, so I do not fertilize heavily.  However, I
like to provide a little boost, especially early in the season.  Right
now, I incorporate a little pelleted chicken manure when forming and
tilling my beds, based on what is being seeded/transplanted there (more
for brassica, less for roots, etc).  The reason I am looking at the Jang
fertilizer hopper is that 1. I could spread less fertilizer, saving a
little money, and 2. stop giving weeds between rows a boost by applying
the fertilizer more precisely.

At 160$, the hopper is definitely not cheap, and I am not sure it is
worth it.  Hence why I would like to hear from other people who used it.

--
Etienne Goyer  -  Le Jardin du Village
http://lejardinduvillage.wordpress.com