[Market-farming] carrots

MAsteveINE MAsteveINE at 207me.com
Thu Jan 26 10:56:23 EST 2012

Did you leave any in the ground? I would like to hear a comparison.

Mine, the few that were left, went in sand in a 5 gallon bucket, and though
 they are in good condition, there must have been a few worms started in them
as more and more of them are working their way up through the crop.

2008 crop canned in glass jars are keeping well;

MAsteveINE

  000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

  How do folks keep carrots from sprouting roots?  I have mine at 35, in the dark.  They are already beginning to get hairy.  Bolero and Necoras, plus Purple Haze.  Not too many yet, but it is starting and I hoped to have them at market at least through March.

  Beth Spaugh