[Market-farming] Crop planning software

KAKerby at aol.com KAKerby at aol.com
Thu Jan 26 10:19:07 EST 2012

Unfortunately, my version of Spouse rolls out the door at 5:45am and
doesn't reappear until 6:15pm.  If I'm not done with daily work stuff by  then,
chores run late.  Definitely a wide variety of benefits, but not
particularly helpful for "it's 2:30pm and I'm 3hrs behind and I'd really like a  nap
but darnit the chickens got into the east field again".  Hence the need  for
something from Excel, or elsewhere.  Perhaps this is how C3PO came to  be.  I
could definitely use some 'droids around here.  The two-legged  and
two-handed kind that could at least carry tools for me.  Or bring me  some lunch in
the field so that I could keep working.  And close the door  behind the
cats.  Or I could finally fire up that cloning lab I've always  wanted........
Kathryn Kerby, wondering what it would be like to have multiple copies of
herself
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA
Ruminations - essays on the farming life at  frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html

In a message dated 1/26/2012 7:12:49 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rrobinson at nasw.org writes:

On  1/26/2012 at 10:08:28 AM, KAKerby at aol.com wrote:
> Need a feature in  Excel to shake the bed soundly in the morning,
> kick my butt outside  even when its raining, have me do one more hour of
work
> even when I'm  cold and tired and hungry, and perhaps put an
auto-drive-home
> feature  in my truck so that I'm quick in town and don't linger.  Then as
> bonus, shove me out the farm gate for a day off once in awhile  whether I
> think I need it or not.

It's a program called  "Spouse." Unfortunately, it can't be downloaded, and
it requires
lots of  maintenance to keep it running optimally, but it does come with a
lifetime of
other benefits.

Richard Robinson
www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/