[Market-farming] agrohomeopathy

KAKerby at aol.com KAKerby at aol.com
Wed Jan 25 09:43:34 EST 2012

I have been using homeopathy for my livestock for 20 years, but I've just
gotten started with homeopathy for plants.  We used it when someone hit one
of our fir trees going 45mph, and resulted in a huge chunk of bark being
torn  away.  That tree has apparently recovered well from its ordeal, but
they're  so long lived the real test will be to see how well it continues to do
over the  passage of years. Not exactly the type of field trial to tell us
how well  something works.

I do have a single book on the topic but I haven't gone through it  yet.  I
plan to use this approach if/whenever I have disease  issues in individual
plants or plantings that I can't seem to trace back to  more common issues
(ie, nutrition, temperature, moisture, etc). For  both plants and animals, we
look first to the diet and environment to  make sure that everything the
organism needs is actually being provided.  A  lot of times a correction there
takes care of things.  Only after  we've covered that base, and/or we
already know the diet and environment are in  good shape yet we have some acute
issue, do we look for additional  ways to treat incidents of disease.  I
remember seeing some individual  plants in the various greenhouse plantings last
year that seemed to have  "trouble" despite all their neighbors doing well,
like the individual tomato  seedlings which spontaneously just suddenly
weakened and keeled over for no  obvious reason.  I might experiment with that
type of issue this year and  see if I can figure out either a curative or
preventative treatment.  In  all that spare time I have laying around.  :)
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA
Ruminations - essays on the farming life at  frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html

In a message dated 1/25/2012 6:32:14 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,