[Market-farming] Crop planning software

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Tue Jan 24 16:05:08 EST 2012

The crop planning spreadsheets from Brookfield Farm
(http://brookfield.rvtc.us/crop%20planning%20spreadsheets) are excellent for
a CSA farm.  Have formulae imbedded across worksheets.  It is based on how
much of what a share gets which week.  Can still be used with a market
(easily with just a market instead of CSA) - have to either change the
amount wanted that the spreadsheet calculates or figure an equivalent number
of shares for markets. Or assume the extra 20% built in for safety is what
goes to market.

I am trying AgSquared and like it, but still am using some of the Brookfield
to generate info for AgSquared.  What I like about AgSquared will be ease of
keeping up with work and harvest info, and a more complete to do list.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

Wendell Berry

Moore Lappe