[Market-farming] Crop planning software

Jen and Derek Campbell jenanddereksfarm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:16:29 EST 2012

thanks Richard.  I've been using an open source version of Microsoft Excel
for the past 5 years and had bought the crop planning book last year as it
seemed really highly reccomended.  What I'm finding however is that the
spreadsheet templates they give do not have formulas and I'm having trouble
linking sheets.  My vision is that if all sheets are property linked that
next year when I change the amount of CSA members I have that sheets will
automatically calculate the proper information.  The book seems to want you
to copy and paste data which is fine for this year but when the CSA numbers
or restaurant projections change I'll have to recopy and paste all over
again.  Maybe what I should have asked for in the last e-mail was a good
spreadsheet tutorial website!!  thanks again for the response,

jen

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM, rstewart at zoomtown.com <
rstewart at zoomtown.com> wrote:

> This may sound silly but I have yet to find any software that replaces MS
> Excel (or similar like Google docs and iWork) or pen and paper.
>
> We are moving to Google docs because its so darn simple to access, edit,
> share, and migrate.  We'be already started using it to track sales and
> inventory for our winter market.  Will be doing the sane to manage
> deliveries and planting schedules.
>
> Richard Stewart
> Carriage House Farm
>
> 513-967-1106