[Market-farming] early tomatoes--was Long Day Tomato Seed

Vern and Amy vaspencer at sisna.com
Fri Jan 20 22:01:56 EST 2012

One grower here uses a lot of "Fourth of July", a 49-day hybrid from
Burpee and seems to do well for them in the hoophouse in our cool
climate.  I am going to try some this year.  Prairie Fire (breeder
Fisher's Garden Seeds claims 52 days while Irish Eyes claims it as 50
days).  Irish Eyes also carries Subarctic Plenty (40 days) and Siberia
(40 days).  Usually the short-season tomatoes are shorter on size and
flavor than the long-season varieties.

Vern