[Market-farming] parsnips

Aaron Brower aaronbrower at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 17:11:08 EST 2012

I would be careful with all that compost. Roots, especially parsnips, tend to fork with too much fertility. Also this may cause excessive hairiness.  It is important that the necessary nutrients be available but roots do not require much fertility. Often forking is blamed on compaction, which can certainly be a cause, but it isn't the only reason.
Aaron