[Market-farming] soil mix for speedling flats

Cary Peterson cary54 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:45:42 EST 2012

We have had very good results springboarding from Coleman's recipe and
using coir fiber instead of peat moss. We did mixtures with differing
amounts of coir, garden compost, leaf mould, vermicastings, sand and
perlite, and used this home-made potting soil with soil blocks for starts.
Had great results consistently. Found the mixture recipe to be very
forgiving of variation.

Cary Peterson
Good Cheer Food Bank Garden Coordinator
http://goodcheergarden.wordpress.com/